Now Hiring Summer 2022 Laundry Washperson positions in Columbia Falls MT, the Gateway to Glacier National Park!
At Glacier National Park Lodges, we depend on our team members to be highly motivated, committed, and competent people who share our vision and work together to attain it, while our work environment encourages responsibility for personal growth and promotes pride in each employee. No matter what your job is, you will be a proud steward of the park. You will play an essential role in providing warm and friendly hospitality to all our guests.
About Columbia Falls:
Just West of Glacier National Park lies a collection of small communities who proudly welcome millions of visitors each year to the Glacier Gateway area. One of the largest towns is Columbia Falls. This lively Montana town is home to many locally owned shops, restaurants, a brewery, and a summer farmers markets! Columbia Falls is the ideal home base for recreating in Glacier National Park, and the 2.4 million acre Flathead National Forest.
About Glacier National Park:
Glacier National Park encompasses more than 16,000 square miles of largely wilderness area and is known for its seemingly endless acres of rugged and breathtaking landscapes. Glacier National Park was established in 1910 and stands today as a monument to wild natural places. As part of the Crown of the Continent ecosystem, the park includes 175 named mountains, 762 lakes (130 named lakes), 200+ named waterfalls and 25 named glaciers, as well as 1,000 plant species, and hundreds of animal species.
- Seasonal positions start immediately and extend through September 21, 2022.
- Location: Xanterra Warehouse/Laundry Building in Columbia Falls, MT, right outside of Glacier National Park.
- Rate of Pay: $16.65/hr
- Schedule Varies: 32 – 45 hours/week
- Perks include:
- Free employee housing (cabin or RV site)
- Free on-site laundry facility, employee shuttle service, Wi-Fi (limited bandwidth)
- Free seasonal Glacier National Park pass
- Free Red Bus Tours (as available)
- Exclusive Retail and Dining discounts in Glacier
- $350 Referral Bonus Program
- The adventure of a lifetime!
- Program and operate washers and dryers with specified cleaning agents.
- Load/Unload laundry into washers and dryers.
- Clean and maintain machines free from debris and particles.
- Sort and accurately stack, count, and load clean linens into laundry bins in an efficient timely manner.
- Folds linen both manually and by folding machine as required.
- May be required to help with inventory.
- Process all linen orders from/to various properties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Must be reliable and flexible with schedule.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment and work well with others.
- Must be able to multi-task and have ability to follow instructions.
- Must be able to acclimate to a hot environment of up to 90°.
- Frequent standing, walking, reaching outward and above the shoulder for up to 8 hours per shift.
- Repetitive motion of arms, wrist, and hands for up to 8 hours.
- Requires occasional climbing, crawling, and squatting/kneeling up to 3 hours per day.
- Must be able to frequently lift items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to frequently push or pull items in caster bins weighing up to 400 pounds.
- Must be able to wear earplugs on a frequent basis
- Working safely with required chemicals.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.