Park Host Volunteers
ADDRESS: Carters Lake
DEPT: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
DATES: 5/23/2022 – 9/6/2022
Park host volunteer couples needed to manage Harris Branch Beach or other as assigned
-Working in gatehouse to count number of visitors, cars, determine presence of prohibited pets or alcohol, and provide water safety message.
– Providing general information to the public.
– Issuing annual passes based on voucher purchase at fee machine. – Ensuring that fees are paid at the fee machine.- Maintain accurate count of available parking spaces and manage traffic at the gate to avoid overcrowding.
– Periodically patrol beach and park area to ensure compliance with general facility and project regulations.
– Contacting park ranger or county law enforcement in event of egregious issues.
– Ability to work on shift 25-35 hours/shift and be available after hours in evenings while on shift.
– Ability to converse and work well with the public. – Ability to work well as part of a team.
– Ability to follow procedures and rules, but make safe judgment calls in the event of undefined situations.
– Ability to walk average distances and manage some sloped sidewalks.
– Willingness to take direction from park staff without argument.
- Clerical/Office Machines
- General Assistance
Combination of indoor and outdoor. Host will spend time in gatehouse greeting visitors and issuing annual passes. They will spend time in vehicle and on foot driving/walking around park to observe visitors and monitor for violation of park regulations. Work will be limited to daytime hours. Hosts will work a rotation with 1-2 other host couples. Walking uneven and inclined surfaces will be necessary. Hosts should also be able to work in hot weather conditions.
Campsite with water/30&50 amp/sewer provided for your self contained camper unit. Secure laundry room available on site for use by hosts. Required hours range 25-35 hours per 4 day shift and availability for small periods after hours on those days.
- General housekeeping
- Slip, trip, and fall hazards
- Electrical hazards
- Equipment operation