Wildhaven Sonoma is the Bay Area’s top-rated glamping destination. We provide our guests with large, fully-furnished “safari-style” canvas tents, communal areas with activities & music, private beach access, and a store featuring locally-sourced provisions. We’re located on a beautiful 10-acre property adjacent to the Russian River, surrounded by world-class wineries, and just 10-minutes away from downtown Healdsburg. See more at: www.wildhavensonoma.com
About The Camp Host Role
Wildhaven seeks a live-on-site Camp Host. This role is one of the main important jobs at Wildhaven and is solely responsible for guest satisfaction in the overnight shift of 8pm to 8am.
Important: The preferred candidate is part of a couple where the other person can also work at Wildhaven in a back-up/part-time/as-needed role to support our Guest Service, Housekeeping, and Maintenance teams.
- From 8pm till 8am, the Camp Host is the main point of contact for every guest on the site, as many as 120 people on a full night.
- Providing help, support and information for guests at any hour. Camp Host is on-call during these hours by phone, text, and in-person visit. Most nights are silent with only a few guests to chat with about following the quiet rules.
- Making sure that everyone is quiet by 10pm, including occasional larger group bookings, and enforcing the quiet rules.
- Making sure bathrooms, showers, and common areas are clean and trash is not overflowing from the cans.
- Troubleshoot guest issues such as tripped electrical outlets, improperly used heaters, broken zippers, etc.
- Providing emergency information to guests, management, and authorities as needed, and making sure guests are safe at all times
- Informing the GM each morning about the previous night’s issues via email.
- Strong customer service skills. The guest is always right and they should feel that their concerns are being heard and addressed quickly and professionally. You authentically enjoy chatting with guests about camping, especially first-time campers with lots of questions. You know when to sympathize and bend a rule, and when to switch to an authority role, explain the implications of breaking Wildhaven rules, and escalate until issue is resolved
- Reliability. Given the importance of this role, we can not afford to have you miss a shift without considerable notice and coverage. You must lead a drama-free lifestyle to be successful in this role and meet Wildhaven company standards.
- Reporting & Communication. Comfortable using project management apps on your phone to provide real-time status updates to management and documenting guest issues
- Problem Solver. Basic handyman skills and thinking required
- On-Site Availability. Live on-site in your own RV that meets Wildhaven’s standards, and sign a living agreement conditional upon employment
- Camp Host duties start at 8pm daily, 5 days a week. Our property is 6 acres and duties may need to be performed on foot and in adverse weather conditions such as wine, rain, cold, and even smoky air conditions.
- The Camp Host will start their first round on foot or golf cart by checking security of doors, locks, and gates. Next, they will check all bathrooms/showers, and clean them as necessary (light cleaning only: making sure that counters/floors are stocked, dry, clean & free of debris) and will check all trash cans and empty as needed.
- While performing these duties, Camp Host will interact with guests making sure that they are fine and do not need anything such as firewood, extra towels or blankets.
- Around 9:30 the Camp Host will perform the second round, this time to make sure that all tents are getting towards “quiet time”.
- In case a tent is showing signs that they might not be able to get quiet by 10pm, the Camp Host is to remind them about the fact that due to the tent proximity, noise past 10pm cannot be tolerated and that they (the guests) did sign an agreement about these rules upon making their booking.
- A noise disturbance fee could be charged to their stay and they could be asked to vacate the property if they do not comply. Alternatively, the Camp Host may invite the guests to go to the event tent with the understanding that they will still have to control their noise level.
- Camp Host will perform a final round at 10:30 to check on Quiet Hours and the late-night bathroom rush.
- The Camp Host is to stay with the guests until they become quiet or if they do not comply, he may have to call the Sheriff to have them evicted, which is our last resort. This has never happened.
- At the end of the shift the Camp Host is to send a brief report of the night to the GM.
- The next day the Camp Host is to pass on the phone and speaker to the person covering the next shift
- Monthly stipend based on number of daily shifts worked at $60 per shift (minimum of 20 per month). Shifts include 3 hours active duty plus full on-call availability from 8p-8a. On-call hours are included in $60 daily stipend and occur very infrequently, averaging just 3-5 times per month for emergency guest or operational issues
- Highly discounted monthly rental of RV space (65% discount from $1400 to $500). Security deposit required.
- Free utilities (electric, water, pump out and disposal)
- Free access to Wildhaven guest activities, as space allows (yoga, music, wine tastings, food trucks, float rentals, etc.) and Wildhaven glamping tents (for friends or family, depending on occupancy)
- W-2 position
- Rare opportunity to live in the middle of vineyards, on the edge of a wild and scenic stretch of the upper Russian River
- Note: RV space availability is conditional on your ‘at-will’ employment status and will be made unavailable 14 days (at most) after employment is terminated by either party, or as soon as next day if employment is terminated by Wildhaven for cause, or if Wildhaven determines on-site living agreement is jeopardizing guest/staff safety or normal business operations
Career Growth at Wildhaven:
We are a fast-growing outdoor hospitality company backed by a strong management team. We will provide what you need to perform at your best. Successful team members are quickly promoted into higher paying positions. Be part of our organization for years to come, especially as we grow to new locations across California. We already have a 2nd location in Yosemite and will hire from within when possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions. Wildhaven is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and is committed to make employment decisions based on merit. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing for equal employment opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- On call
- Overnight shift
- Weekend availability
COVID safety is essential in our business. Please view our website FAQ page to see the steps we take to ensure guest and employee safety.
- Do you own an RV and can live on site at Wildhaven in a living arrangement that is conditional upon your employment with us and can be ended at any time by either party?
Work Location: One location