Seeking Camp Hosts at Mission Trails Regional Park
Campground hosts play an active role in the care and maintenance of the Kumeyaay Lake Campground, as well as provide visitors with park information, assist park staff with opening and closing procedures and maintain a welcoming environment within the campground. Camp host duties include litter pickup, routine restroom upkeep and general campground cleaning. Even off duty or at inconvenient times, hosts are expected to log unusual activity, assess situations and provide assistance when needed. In exchange for an RV site with full hookups (50 amp), each camp host provides 20 hours a week, primarily on weekends (Friday through Sunday and certain Monday holidays) when the campground is open.
· The camp host must be a dedicated, flexible person who can work variable hours on occasion or when unforeseeable events require it. Working on regular days off may be necessary.
· Physical demands: hosts must be able to lift 40 pounds.
· All pets and people (non-volunteers) must have permission from the center director to live on-site with the camp host.
· No smoking is permitted on park property under any circumstances.
· Any structural changes to the living site must be cleared with the center director.
· The camp host position is a volunteer position only.
· Hosts must have a PO box; no mail service will be provided at the site.
· Please be prepared to provide a valid driver’s license, proof of registration for RV and personal vehicles and an image of your RV.
· Hosts must own an RV to live on site.
· This position is based on a 1-year contract, with the possibility of extension after an annual evaluation.
Job requirements include: cleaning/restocking bathrooms, raking campsites, picking up litter, emptying trash receptacles in the campground and throughout the park, raising/lowering flags assigned days of the week, knowing how and when to lock gates, ushering slow campers out after check-out, aiding ranger staff, patrolling the campground and immediate vicinity, providing information about park to patrons, and maintaining positive public relations.
Deadline to apply: October 30, 2022
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $1.00 – $2.00 per hour
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Do you have camp hosting experience?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location