Job category:Camp Host
Compensation: RV Site Only
Hookups: Unknown - Inquire
Pets OK?: Unknown
Vista Recreation is the new name for Recreation Resource Management (RRM) and California Land Management (CLM), two companies with over 70 years combined experience managing public recreation areas.
We have over 1000 camp host jobs in 15 states. This is our national application for 2022. You will be able to specify specific areas where you prefer to work later in the application. We ask spouses/partners applying as a team to each fill out their own application.
See full description at: https://recruitingbypaycor.com/career/JobIntroduction.action?clientId=8a7883c67ce7e82c017d0fb0a3a80c32&id=8a78859f7d162800017d271a0bb020b5&source=&lang=en
The Campground Host position is typically filled by two people, but can be a single person role in certain locations. The primary objective is to provide a quality recreational experience for visitors within areas operated by the Company. The Campground Host will implement nearly all operational tasks required within their assigned campground or area.
- Demonstrates courteousness, and displays a helpful attitude to all visitors.
- Performs certain administrative tasks, including basic recordkeeping and fee collection.
- Maintains facilities and grounds, including cleaning, sanitizing and stocking of restrooms, emptying trash containers and replacing the liners, cleaning roadways and trails, cleaning campsites, picnic tables, fire rings, grills, and disposing of ashes.
- Rakes and grooms sites and public areas, maintains a litter-free facility, picks up micro-trash such as bottle caps and cigarette butts, maintains outlying areas such as trails, outposts, and rental cabins.
- Maintains a good working relationship with fellow employees, governmental agency representatives, and the visiting public.
- Registers campers, collects fees, and sells certain retail items such as firewood, ice, and concession goods.
- Processes revenues and fee collection data using Company approved forms and procedures.
- Familiar with local points of interest, nearby facilities, and local rules and regulations.
- Reports problems and any unsafe or hazardous conditions as they are discovered, and will also enforce rules according to internal customer service standards.
- Strong customer service skills; enjoys working in an environment of extensive public contact.
- Basic manual labor abilities, including an ability and willingness to clean and sanitize facilities with a variety of cleaning agents and chemicals.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Basic recordkeeping experience, including money handling.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, and be able to learn quickly and follow instructions accurately.
- Willing to work a flexible work schedule, including regular evenings and weekends.
- Able to lift 20 pounds on a frequent basis.
- The ability to move safely over rough and uneven terrain.
- The ability to work in extreme weather.
- Able to tow own RV in and out of campgrounds in emergency situations.