Camp Hosts / Caretakers
Housekeeping / Cleaning
ADDRESS: 7009 Creek Stone Rd., Milton, FL 32570
START: As soon as possible
We are looking for a hardworking and energetic couple to live and work as Camp Hosts & Caretakers on-site at our beautiful diversified campground, eco-resort, and wedding/event venue. The position is full-time and requires the following skills and abilities: customer service skills, manual labor abilities, communications skills, cleaning skills, and writing skills. This is a long-term position with a 2-week trial period to make sure you are a good fit for our campground and resort.
Our Camp Hosts & Caretakers will play a key role in day-to-day operations of the business, provide outstanding customer service to all visitors, maintain the cleanliness of the buildings and grounds, and assist with basic maintenance needs. Additionally, you must work well both independently and with a team and be able to learn quickly and follow instructions accurately. Ultimately, you will help us create a pleasant and memorable stay for our guests and event clients.
Previous camp host/caretaker experience is preferred, but not required. Duties can vary based on individual experience, interests, and skillsets.
- Engage with guests in a friendly and helpful manner
- Conduct check-ins and check-outs for guests staying on property
- Enforce campground policies and regulations
- Respond to guest concerns in a timely and professional manner
- Assist with administrative duties such as phone and email correspondence, managing reservations, and taking payment
- Mow lawns and tidy landscaped areas
- Remove litter and trash from accommodations area and main building
- Conduct minor repairs and maintenance on buildings and grounds, under the supervision of Manager of Operations
- Assist with trail and/or garden maintenance
- Perform light cleaning tasks in main office/event venue, restrooms, and bathhouse
- Give tours of the property to potential wedding/event clients
- Draw up contracts for weddings and events
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for any questions, concerns, or problems that may arise before, during, and after events
Camp Host & Caretaker Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
All Coldwater Gardens employees must be able to do the following:
- Maintain and encourage a safe working environment
- Maintain and encourage an inclusive and harassment-free environment
- Work under pressure and adjust to a diverse working environment
- Serve as an ambassador for our campground, wedding/event venue, and protected wildlands by providing excellent customer service and pertinent information for our guests
- Demonstrate an aptitude for quick learning and application of new skills
- Work well independently and as part of a close-knit team
- Pull together, work hard, and pursue efficiency, consistent with our ethos of providing a healthy space to live, work, and vacation
- Develop positive working relationships with your peers that foster trust in support of our consensus-driven culture
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals, vendors, and coworkers in a diverse community
- Flexibility and problem-solving
- Rapid learning ability
- Independence and self-motivation
- Communication, collaboration, and teamwork
- Ability to work on weekends and work long hours
- Stress management and composure in all working conditions. Much of the work takes place outdoors in all kinds of weather (the heat of summer and the cold of winter) and is physical in nature.
- Standing, bending, stooping repeatedly, and lifting up to 50 lbs often.
- Salary will be based on experience and skillset
- Salary will also take into consideration application as a couple or individual
Diversity & Inclusion:
Coldwater Gardens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Applications can be found at coldwatergardens.com/jobs.
- Send a completed application, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com.
- If you have questions prior to submitting your application, please direct them to the email above.