The primary role of Desolation Hotel Hope Valley Campground camp hostposition is to facilitate a five-star guest experience through the welcoming, check in, visit, and check out process. As the initial point of contact and liaison for the guests, the camp host guides the camping experience and is the “face” of the company during check in and throughout the duration the guests stay. The camp host is required to have a thorough understanding of the facilities in the campground and will provide guests the opportunity to have a five-star experiences through positive attitude, consistent communication, and willingness to meet or exceed guest requests whenever possible.
Position includes 35 hours per week per person, starting hourly rate $18/hour. The company will provide Camp Hosts with seasonal full hook ups (30 AMP, water, sewer), available at the host site in campground from mid-May to mid-October, weather permitting.
• Demonstrates courteousness and displays a helpful attitude to all visitors; provides excellent customer service by educating the public on the rules and regulations of the recreation area.
• Performs certain administrative tasks, including basic recordkeeping and fee collection.
• Maintains facilities and grounds, including cleaning, sanitizing, and stocking of restrooms, emptying trash containers and replacing the liners, cleaning roadways and trails, cleaning campsites, picnic tables, fire rings, grills, and disposing of ashes.
• Rakes and grooms sites and public areas, maintains a litter-free facility, picks up micro-trash such as bottle caps and cigarette butts, maintains outlying areas such as trails, outposts, and rental cabins.
• Maintains a good working relationship with fellow employees, governmental agency representatives, and the visiting public.
• Registers campers, collects fees, and sells certain retail items such as firewood, ice, and concession goods.
• Basic manual labor abilities, including an ability and willingness to clean and sanitize facilities with a variety of cleaning agents and chemicals.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Basic recordkeeping experience, including money handling.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be able to learn quickly and follow instructions accurately.
• Willing to work a flexible work schedule, including regular evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Able to lift 20 pounds on a frequent basis.
• The ability to move safely over rough and uneven terrain.
• The ability to work in extreme weather.
• Able to tow your own RV (where applicable) in and out of campgrounds in emergency situations.
• Check in/manage guest flow through Cloudbeds at the General Store
o Booking reservations and managing guest details using Cloudbeds
o Manage party size requests within campground site limits
o Manage guest requests based on trailer lengths, slides, and hookups specs
• Managing incoming/departing check-ins
o Coordination with housekeeping to clean/service seven yurtsand one Spartan trailer
o Coordination with Front Desk/Housekeeping to manage customer requests
• Coordinating daily with Campground Manager, AGM, and GM for specifics on campground renovations, maintenance of facilities and sites
o Conducting general maintenance, cleanliness and upkeep of all RV sites, camp sites and yurts
o Managing seasonal restrictions for yurts, trailer, and campsites
▪ A/C units
▪ Fire pits
▪ Greeting and welcoming guests at check in; guide guests to their sites
▪ Providing campsite overview info and general resort info to inbound guests
▪ Managing campsites
o Selling wood
o Maintain general upkeep and cleanliness
o Managing fires and cleaning fire pits
o Managing waste disposal and picking up trash on site
o Feilding general inquiries about the resort and local area and seasonal activities
o Assisting main resort with general property maintenance and upkeep
▪ Manage Pickett’s Junction Day Use fishing area
o Maintenance and cleaning area including one vault toilet and empty two trash cans.
Other duties may be required on an as needed basis due to weather, USFS directives, or unforeseen circumstances.