Grounds Maintenance (Charbonneau)
ADDRESS: Ice Harbor Lock and Dam – Lake Sacajawea; 2339 Monument Drive; Burbank, Washington 99323
DEPT: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
DATES: 4/18/2022 – 9/30/2022
Looking for 2 couples or singles to fill the Grounds Maintenance position from April 18, 2022 – September 30,2022
Ground maintenance includes mowing, weed eating, and irrigating ( self-tappers in the campground area and automatic sprinklers in the day-use area). The grounds maintenance position also includes picking up trash in the day use area, answering visitor questions, and organizing the lifejackets on a life jacket loaner station.
- Beginning of season pick up of branches and preparing camp sites.
- Mowing and Irrigating
- Answering visitor questions
- Desire to work a 7 hours/day, 3 days on 3 days off while living in a natural outdoor setting, with your own RV
- Desire to meet and interact with people from varied backgrounds
- Appearance should be neat and reflect positively on the Corps
- Ability to remain calm in busy situations
- Physical ability to lift approximately 30 pounds and carry for 25
- Visually able to spot safety hazards and take prompt appropriate action to correct in accordance with training provided.
- Drivers License
- Hand Power Tools
- Visitor Information
- Working with People
This position mostly takes place outdoors and may require extended periods during adverse conditions such as heat, cold, and rain. Volunteers are expected to have the ability to work independently but can work with other volunteers and USACE staff.