Groundskeeper / Recycler
Hiring Spring 2022. Apply Now!
The name “Zion” means a place of peace and refuge. As a sanctuary with over 146,000 acres of cliffs, canyons, diverse plant and animal life, and uninterrupted beauty, Zion is well-named. Its massive sandstone walls, some as high as 3,800 feet, offer an opportunity for serenity and reflection for all who visit—and Zion Lodge offers the only in-park lodging inside this hiker’s paradise. For those that live and work in the park, there are endless opportunities to explore the amazing wonders that surround you.
The Zion Lodge is looking for a Groundskeeper/Recycler to join our team!
Traveling without a vehicle? We can pick you up from St. George, Utah.
At this time, we are requiring proof of vaccination status or an approved medical or religious exemption in compliance with Presidential Executive Order 14042, which requires the Company to ensure that every employee who works in connection with a federal contract is fully vaccinated or has an approved medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination status must be provided prior to start date. Exemption requests must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to start date to allow sufficient time for processing.
Unlimited Outdoor Recreating – Direct Access to Zion National Parks Restricted Canyon Scenic Drive – Discounted Employee Housing On Location – Discounted Meals – Free Bike Rentals – Free Laundry on Site – 24 Hour Access to Employee Gym – Development and Training Opportunities – Year Round or Seasonal Employment Opportunities – RV Full Hookups Available – Incredible Photography Opportunites – Employee Referral Program $350
- Following all training, general safety rules, regulations, policy, procedures and service standards while performing job duties.
- Performing manual labor to include: raking, blowing, push mowing, string trimming and edging, mulching, planting, seeding, sodding, aerification and general clean up duties.
- Handling pesticides correctly per SOPs.
- Performing work using equipment including but not limited to: push mowers, backpack blowers, edgers, spray equipment, weed eaters, small vehicles, and sidewinder equipment.
- Using and caring for hand tools and equipment issued on the job.
- Responding to emergency storm events (IE snow, tornados, hurricanes, etc).
- Recycler in charge of garbage/trash removal from all departments in addition to recycling.
- Responsible for transporting recyclables to a place determined by location management and/or NPS.
- Distribute and empty recyclable containers throughout the property on a regular schedule.
- Prepare, maintain and submit necessary records on amounts (in Lbs per product) of recycled materials to Location Management.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid state drivers’ license.
- Must be able to withstand a range of outside weather conditions (heat/cold, rain/snow) including prolonged exposure to sunlight.
- Ability to lift, push, pull a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, knee, crouch, reach for an extended period of time.
- Ability to bend at the waist and perform repetitive foot and hand action.
- Good hand/eye/foot coordination required.
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends, holidays.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.