Retail Lead Associate
Live. Work. Explore. Zion Lodge in Zion National Park.
With over 229 square miles of beautiful landscapes and Navajo Sandstone walls, Zion is an incredible place to call home. At Xanterra, we are a welcoming community of employees who work hard, share a passion for the environment, and enjoy creating memorable experiences for our guests in some of the most beautiful places on earth.The Zion Lodge is looking for a Retail Lead to join our busy gift shop located in the heart of Zion’s canyon.
Traveling without a vehicle? We can pick you up from St. George, Utah and we provide employee dormitory housing on location.
At this time, we are requiring proof of vaccination status or an approved medical or religious exemption in compliance with Presidential Executive Order 14042, which requires the Company to ensure that every employee who works in connection with a federal contract is fully vaccinated or has an approved medical or religious exemption. Proof of vaccination status must be provided prior to start date. Exemption requests must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to start date to allow sufficient time for processing.
Unlimited Outdoor Recreating – Direct Access to Zion National Parks Restricted Canyon Scenic Drive – Discounted Employee Housing On Location – Discounted Meals – Free Bike Rentals – Free Laundry on Site – 24 Hour Access to Employee Gym – Development and Training Opportunities – Year Round or Seasonal Employment Opportunities – RV Full Hookups Available – Employee Referral Program $350
- Facilitate and supervise the sale of retail items in the Gift Shop.
- Ensuring the proper opening and closing procedures.
- Ensuring the security of the Gift Shop.
- Training and performing cashiering duties properly, recording the sales in the register accurately and following correct accounting procedures.
- Assist retail sales associates with discounts and returns.
- Physically assist and delegate work to keep the sales floor clean and merchandise stocked.
- This includes but is not limited to sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, polishing, scrubbing, mopping and trash removal.
- Assist the Manager with inventory control, ordering, receiving and merchandise display.
- Must maintain a well-groomed, clean and neat appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to stand throughout an eight-hour shift and frequently move cartons of 50lbs or more with reasonable accommodations provided.
- Ability to communicate and cooperate positively with peers and supervisor.
- Ability to function with flexibility and courteous behavior in a high traffic retail operation.
- Ability to assist guests with their information needs.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision; maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Knowledge of extensive product information to enhance a professional sales approach.
- Skill in inventory control and awareness of shoplifters.
- Ability to operate cash register, handle and/or count cash accurately.
- Knowledge of computer systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.