SUN OUTDOORS DESTINATIONS TEAM
What could be better than earning a living while traveling the US in your RV? Sun Outdoors’ Work Camper Destinations program enables you to do just that! Combine taking part in the exciting lifestyle of RV camping with working part time as a member of our team. As an added benefit to all of the great perks associated with joining our team, working as a Destinations Team Member earns you a generously discounted site rate of only $20 per night!
Opportunities are available at our Northern resorts during summer months and at our Southern resorts in the fall and winter. No matter what atmosphere you like, or where you want to travel, we’ll have a resort you’re sure to enjoy.
Learn more about the Sun Outdoors Destinations Team.
We’re not talking about Smokey the Bear here, and we sure hope you won’t have to put out any forest fires! Our Rangers help guests move in and out of our resort as effectively as possible. Up for the challenge? Read more about our RV Resort Rangers below, and apply online today!
Rangers assist with all site setup/cleanup for arriving and departing guests. They escort arrivals to their site after normal business hours, communicate all issues and concerns to the Resort Manager, and monitor the pool(s) for unregistered guests, all while providing excellent customer service.
- Lead RVs to sites, locating them properly within individual site areas. Assist guests with site set-up as needed.
- Check transient sites daily for departures; remove trash from recently vacated transient sites.
- Check all sites for issues or problems (i.e. water, sewer, hornets, etc.) and reports to manager.
- Inspect tied down RVs, park models, and manufactured homes for cleanliness, rust, damage, and other problems prior to permitting their rental or sale.
- Complete various surveys of tied down units as required.
- Handle guest and resident questions and complaints directly or refer them to the appropriate department.
- Treat sites, both manufactured home and RV, for fire ant infestation as requested and as a normal procedure when spotting units on site.
- Oversee the sales of sewer donuts and electrical adapters (if applicable).
- Complete site measurements as requested.
- Deliver special packages and/or one-day mail to appropriate sites.
- Assist with coverage at the main gate.
- Routinely check resort amenities (i.e.: pools) for unregistered guests.
- Tag vehicles for removal by owner at unrented transient sites.
- Follow safety procedures while performing duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
- General knowledge of janitorial work, plumbing, electrical and grounds maintenance
- Proficient skills in operating various power equipment and hand tools
- Ability to provide legible written reports
- Good organizational and verbal communication skills
- Hard-working and willingness to take direction and carry-out tasks
- Must be able to lift at least 25 pounds
- Basic computer proficiency including the ability to use email and internet
- Flexibility to respond to resort needs during non-business hours
AS A DESTINATIONS TEAM MEMBER, YOU WILL
- Receive a welcome kit with detailed information about being a Sun Outdoors Destinations Team Work Camper
- Earn the most competitive pay in the Work Camper industry with highly competitive pay rates
- Take part in exciting activities and events
- Enjoy heavily discounted site fees
- Help our team offer an outstanding array of amenities, wonderful planned events, spacious social facilities and dedicated on-site customer service focused on maximizing the enjoyment our guests’ visits
- Receive discounts at all Sun Outdoors locations
- Earn and have the ability to take paid sick leave