Resort General Manager
Shelter Cove Resort is looking for a Resort Manager. Spend the year in the National Forest surrounded by nature. Hike, fish, ski, snowshoe, or head into Eugene/Bend on your days off. Ideally, looking for a couple whose spouse is able to also work in office, maintenance, housekeeping or food and beverage. Same days off available for couples. Year-round housing is included in the position.
Starting Salary (Manager): $50,000/year (negotiable depending on experience)
Starting Salary (Office/Maintenance/Housekeeping/F&B): $15/hour
Benefits (all year-round roles): 100% Company-Paid Health Insurance, 401K Matching, Holiday, Vacation, Bereavement Pay, and bonus plan!
The General Manager serves as the steward of the property and all employees. They are responsible for the operational success and direction of all departments on property. Through scheduling weekly meetings, property walks, brainstorming sessions, and coaching sessions the GM sets goals for their managers and follows up to track progress. The successful GM proactively identifies areas for improvement or efficiency, formulates a plan and works to implement. The GM is the financial steward of the property and is responsible for financial planning, budgeting, and for putting controls in place to ensure that goals are achieved.
- Maintains a weekly schedule that will share the daily coverage of (MOD) Manager on Duty responsibilities, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Supports all departments in daily operations, communicating with each manager to determine needs and allocating time accordingly
- Establishes and monitors polices/guidelines in the daily operations to ensure profitability, excellent guest service, and consistency.
- Responds to and reports emergencies by: adhering to the Hotel Emergency Plan and distributing completed incident reports to the appropriate parties.
- Monitors property guest survey and review scores, recognizes trends and implements a plan of action to improve
- Sets ambitious, but achievable goals for the property and clearly communicates actionable items to department heads
- Handles guest complaints and contentious issues and provides prompt resolution
- Participate in community affairs and maintain positive public image for Highway West Vacations and property
- Meet with and tour potential and current clients to promote property
- Processes semi-monthly payroll including sick/vacation/volunteer/etc. time requests
- Processes and codes vendor invoices in a timely manner to ensure all accounts remain up to date
- Monitors employee daily punches and ensures compliance with state labor laws and HWV policies regarding breaks, hours worked, overtime etc.
- Develops a positive working relationship with all property team members.
- Resolves interpersonal disputes between property employees
- Develops and curates a property culture, with a focus on sincere customer service.
- Recruits team members, leveraging all posting means available, to ensure property is at full budgeted staffing volume.
- Ensures orientation, training, and on-boarding of new team members is thorough and completed in a timely fashion, according to company training standards.
- Assists department managers with constructive coaching and counseling, plans individual managers meetings, including the timely completion of annual reviews.