ADDRESS: Coos Bay District Office; 1300 Airport Lane; North Bend, Oregon 97459
DEPT: Bureau of Land Management
DATES: 5/25/2022 – 12/30/2022
Site Host for Storm Ranch ACEC Area of Critical Environmental Concern
· RV hook-up station – water, electricity, sewer, phone (local calls only).
· Subsistence: $240.00 per month.
· Reimburse mileage for using personal vehicle for BLM-approved travel at $0.375 per mile.
· Incidental use of the learning center/shop is allowed on a very limited basis (i.e. washer/dryer, kitchen facilities, tools, etc.). See the New River ACEC Manager for permission prior to use. Storing personal items in any of the facilities is prohibited.
Open the learning center to the public on Saturday and Sunday and upon request during the week.
· Welcome visitors, provide information about the area, and inform them of the rules/regulations.
· Provide trail guides and surveys to the public. Encourage visitors to fill out and return surveys at the end of their visit.
· Occasionally assist with coordinating overnight-stays in the learning center for BLM-approved guests (providing keys, etc.).
· Record visitor-use levels during 10 specified days each month (monitoring forms will be provided).
· Check road counters daily (forms will be provided).
· Routinely clean facilities: three restrooms – daily, learning center – weekly, garage/shop – weekly (or as needed).
· Grounds-keeping – mow and edge lawn around learning center, restroom, kiosk, picnic area (as needed).
· Collect garbage from cans and place in totes and set out every other Wednesday for collection.
· Pick-up litter along roadways, parking areas, and boat launch as needed.
· Open and close the entrance gate on a daily basis (sunrise to sunset). The site host must make prior arrangements with the BLM if a situation arises when you are not on site overnight.
Working with People
Slip, trip, and fall hazards
BACKGROUND/REFERENCE CHECK REQUIRED