Basecamp Hospitality is a collaboration between independent, privately owned award-winning park, resort, retail, and event management companies based in Red Bluff, California. Since 1975, the companies under Basecamp Hospitality brand have been providing our superior level of service and commitment as concessionaires to our partners in local, state, and national agencies in Arizona, California, Utah, and Wyoming.
We are committed to exceeding the expectations of these partners, as well as our day-to-day clients and guests. We are proud to have achieved and will continue to maintain, our position as the premier provider of comprehensive recreational, retail, hospitality and event management services in the western United States.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet arriving guests, assist with check –in and check out
- Take an active role in seeing that facilities and equipment are properly maintained and used appropriately
- Cleans fire pits, bear-lockers, rake around campsites, blow off parking areas and roadways,
- Paint/clean picnic tables as needed
- Clean restrooms as per housekeeping schedule
- Ensures vehicle procedures are followed in the use of assigned vehicles.
- Know, understand and follow established rules and standards for housekeeping and sanitation.
- Monitor campground loop and handle any concerns or questions from guests.
- Sell Company provided firewood
- Adhere to Company dress code while on duty
- Be a friendly and helpful resource to visitors
- Enforce campground rules and regulations
- Resolve conflicts among campers and report problems to Management as needed.
- Notify supervisor immediately any time a guest is not 100% satisfied with their experience
- Collect payment from campers and envelopes from fee tubes
- Do weed trimming and lawn mowing
- Able to reside in personal RV that is fully contained
- Knowledgeable about visitor services and amenities in the forest and campground.
- Able to work weekends, nights and holidays
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude toward the campground environment
- Genuine concern for guests camping/lodging experience
- Able to work unsupervised
- Able to follow direction and work in a team environment
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean 3-year history, and no DUI within the past 10 years
- Experience in the recreation industry
Be a willing member of The California Parks Company, performing all duties and functions as assigned to the best of his/her ability.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
The Camp Host will use various tools and equipment on a daily basis. Footwear required shall be a work boot or a high-quality athletic shoe providing ankle support. No open toe sandals or flip-flops will be allowed on the job. The Camp Host will be knowledgeable in the safety practices and standards set by the Company, relative to the work environment he/she operates in. He/she will also make it a duty to assure that all co-workers are working with those same safety practices and standards.
Physical requirements: O-Occasional (1-33%), F-Frequent (35-66%), C-Continuous (67-100%)
1) Standing-F 6) Pushing-O 11) Kneeling-O 17) Hearing-C
2) Walking-F 7) Pulling-O 12) Crouching-O 18) Seeing-C
3) Sitting-O 8) Climbing-O 13) Reaching-O 19) Depth Percep-F
4) Lifting– O to F 25# max 9) Balancing-O 15) Handling-C 20) Color Vision-O
5) Carrying- O to F 25# max 10) Stooping-O 16) Speaking-C
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The California Parks Company, dba Urban Park Concessionaires, California Guest Services, In., and Quagga Inspection Services, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status
COMPENSATION $10.35 per hour
POSITION Camp Host-Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
LOCATION Utah Recreation Company