We reside on an 11-acre, private, remote mountain ranch and homestead in northern New Mexico, surrounded by private ranches, the Santa Fe National Park, and wilderness. Our property includes a 1960s A-frame lodge, barn, horse paddocks, two ponds, and stunning views of the Sangre De Cristo Mountains.
As a private residence, we are looking for a responsible single person (no children) to care for our property throughout the year. The property owner, a busy individual in her 50s who runs a catering business, requires reliable assistance in property maintenance, security, and animal care.
Key responsibilities include:
-Cleaning of decks and porch areas, and snow removal in winter.
-Stacking bags of pellets for stove, weekly dump and recycling runs.
-Vehicle maintenance including cleaning and any DMV dates. Oil and fluid upkeep.
– Caring for three horses by providing food, water, grooming, and arranging veterinary check-ups as necessary.
-Paddock maintenance. Daily manure collection and compost management.
– Maintaining the 1,000 sq. ft. hay barn including regular cleaning, organization, and handling hay deliveries throughout the year.
-Maintaining chicken health including feeding, watering and coop maintenance with regular cleaning and composting of waste.
– Managing composting activities, involving watering down and mixing catering-generated compost into compost for fertilization of the gardens in spring.
– Regular clearing of underbrush, manure, and fallen limbs across the property on a monthly/seasonal basis.
– Ongoing repairs to the property’s fences, which are essential for the owner’s three Great Pyrenees dogs.
-During wedding season additional help with packing, loading of catering truck.
-Possible kitchen prep if inclined to work with food.
-Garden projects including building outdoor beds in owners 1/2 acer garden, seed and plant propagations, irrigation and soil management.
-In addition, carpentry skills are required for performing various maintenance improvements and tasks around the property.
-Security of the property including setting up, monitoring and maintaining outdoor property security cameras.
You will have use of a 40×40 sf cement slab with full RV hookups.
Included: electricity, septic, water, internet, trash fees and full use of garden and it’s products.
Hours and pay:
During the winter months you will be required to work, 5-6 hours a day, Monday through Friday, 7 am till 12 pm. Then again at 5-5:30 pm.
During the summer months, you will be required to work Wednesday through Sunday same hours as above.
Paid vacation time (2 weeks) end of year, dates, TBD.
Pay is $1200 per month includes housing and utilities.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit résumés, cover letter and 3-4 references to email@example.com
We will reach out to discuss further details and expectations. Thank you.